Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Other Baby

Well, I promised I would update with lots of ewy-gooey pregnancy happenings and update I shall.

I am now 13 weeks and 3 days along and only look pregnant at the end of the day when I've eaten food and my pooch of fat kind of sticks out. But what I'm more excited about is that I am so close out of my 1st trimester, I can almost taste it! And by "taste" it, I mean me eating more food instead of the other way around.

Yes, I would consider my womb to be a top notch place to live in if I were a baby.

On another note, at week 10 Tyler and I were able to go in for the first ultrasound! I think it definitely made it more real for Tyler to see the heartbeat and to see the bugger boo move. It was actually a little creepy (but mostly relieving) to know that it was an actual person alive in my womb!

But I think the best part of it all was the 2 for 1 deal I got! No, I'm not talking about the make one baby and get another baby for free. I'm talking about the much more cooler deal that only the fun pregnant ladies get. Yes, I'm talking about the make one baby and get a cyst the size of a large grapefruit for free! I feel so lucky to house yet another foreign object. The doctor said that if I wasn't pregnant, they would have to do surgery. So here is a list of a couple of things I would do with my swank of a deal:


1. The doctor said it was fluid filled so once I get that sucker out from surgery, I'm going to ask to keep it and go out on the streets and yell, "CYST FIGHT!!"



2. Keep it in a jar and put it on my mantle to proudly show off my specimen to every guest that comes over for dinner. I'm also considering having it mounted with an engraved, gold description but I'm having a hard time finding the right words to illustrate my "other" baby.


3. Get it sun dried and then take a mortar and pestle to it to grind it up into a powder that I will later fill pill capsules up with and get me on a schedule for the health of future cysts.

These are only a couple of ideas that I have for our little bundle of fluid and I'm sure there are countless ways to use this once in a lifetime deal. Sadly, the cyst will shrink as the placenta takes over the hormones but a pregnant lady can dream right?

4 comments:

maynardmoments said...

You crack me up! Good way to make a crazy thing quite humorous.
I can't believe you are done with the 1st trimester. Hooray for Jessica!
Can't wait to see your cute prego belly in July.

Jenna said...

Eeee, that sounds creepy.

Glad your pregnancy is going well, though! Are you sick at all? 13 weeks is about the hardest time for me, and then it gets better right away at 15 weeks.

Christian and Ryann Hulme said...

I'm sorry! I really hope your cist isn't painful! I was in the ER 2 weeks ago for ovarian cists. Maybe they could drain the fluid, then use the cist sack to be blown up as a balloon. Your baby's could be friends that way. Miss you guys! See ya soon!

Kate said...

Bahaha, I like the cyst fight idea. Sounds like good times